Question

Comedy and Wasting Time

Tue May 20, 2014 4:00 am

BAS Degree Vs BComm Degree

Whats the difference between a BAS degree from York compared to a BComm degree from Guelph

Asked by bilal9623791485

uThink Member

7 answers

@ONly wroteWhats the difference between a BAS degree from York compared to a BComm degree from Guelph One of them is actually decent

dheeraj2211150936

uThink Member

@TheRajofKings wrote@ONly wroteWhats the difference between a BAS degree from York compared to a BComm degree from Guelph One of them is actually decent
I'm guessing the degree from York?

huttonsy1514991

uThink Member

@Razear wrote@TheRajofKings wrote@ONly wroteWhats the difference between a BAS degree from York compared to a BComm degree from Guelph One of them is actually decent
No silly, the one from Guelph... right?

seahorsekaiser2754129

uThink Member

@MohammedAzer wrote@Razear wrote@TheRajofKings wrote@ONly wroteWhats the difference between a BAS degree from York compared to a BComm degree from Guelph One of them is actually decent
No silly, the one from Guelph... right?

What's a BAS degree?

andhradsky625941

uThink Member

Wed May 21, 2014 4:00 am

Bachelor of Administrative Studies.
BAS is to Schulich as BMOS is to Ivey.
Best comparison I can make here.
But yes, take Guelph's BComm

carlj.qiu904640

uThink Member

The University of Guelph offers an eight semester (20.00 credits) honours program leading to a Bachelor of Commerce degree (B.Comm.). The normal course load is 2.50 credits per semester for a full-time student. The program is of an interdisciplinary nature and designed to give students a sound professional management education with a focus on specific industry sectors or management functions which prepare the graduates for positions of responsibility in particular areas of management and business.

Given the professional and applied nature of the program, there are no double majors or minors associated with the degree. Elective options enable students to select courses which support or complement their primary field of study.

In their first semester, students may be admitted to either one of nine specialized majors or the undeclared major. Students in the undeclared first year, must declare a specialized major by mid-February in semester two in order to gain access to required courses in semester three.

kurt.penberg011924588

uThink Member

@kurtpenberg wroteThe University of Guelph offers an eight semester (20.00 credits) honours program leading to a Bachelor of Commerce degree (B.Comm.). The normal course load is 2.50 credits per semester for a full-time student. The program is of an interdisciplinary nature and designed to give students a sound professional management education with a focus on specific industry sectors or management functions which prepare the graduates for positions of responsibility in particular areas of management and business.

Given the professional and applied nature of the program, there are no double majors or minors associated with the degree. Elective options enable students to select courses which support or complement their primary field of study.

In their first semester, students may be admitted to either one of nine specialized majors or the undeclared major. Students in the undeclared first year, must declare a specialized major by mid-February in semester two in order to gain access to required courses in semester three.
nutritionrunner's cousin? Holy sh.it, it's as if her whole family Guelph maniacs are trolling this site with their pro-Guelph B.S. lol.

aabbas2012488494

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service