Question

Campus Buildings and Amenities

Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:00 am

Doing Grade 12 English in summer school

For grade 9/10, I was a high 80/90 student without putting in much effort, but I knew that I would have to put the effort in grade 11. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how much effort I would need to put in, and I currently have a low 80 average with a 70 something in English. My plan is to take grade 12 English in summer school and devote all of my attention too it. English has always been my worst subject and the grade 12 teachers at our school mark harder than average from what I can tell. I want to take Computer Science/Software Engineering, will doing this affect my chances of getting into U of T or any other well-regarded university? 

Asked by bedfordaid765289

uThink Member

5 answers

B same dilemma

queen7708012552548

uThink Member

DON'T!!!! I talked to my teacher today and she said Waterloo came on a P.A. day to talk about how they will no longer be accepting applicants who complete any credits outside of day school (ie private, summer school, etc). Also U of T is starting to do this as well. I would just try hard in regular english, its rly not that bad as long as you read the books.

blahomelo801040

uThink Member

Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:00 am

^This. OP, given your current grades do you think you can pull off mid 90s in Gr.12?

thalaiva13002505

uThink Member

mid 90s are the minimum, ive seen ppl get rejected with 95

kushunruaj1925119

uThink Member

U of T and Waterloo engineering and computer science care. So, do some research before you take courses in summer school, night school, private school, etc. No other university cares so it probably won't matter. And, to be frank you probably won't have the grades to get into U of T and Waterloo - low to mid 90s in Gr.12 is the minimum.

thalaiva13002505

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service