Question

Books and Literature

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:00 am

Is it better to rent/ buy new or used textbooks?

I'm in high school and I hear that textbooks in university are expensive. Because of its price, would it be better to buy them used if available? Are there advantages to buying it new? While googling, I found options such as reading them online or renting them. Is it common to read them online? I've always liked having an actual book in front of me but is it easier to use an online version?

Asked by chanel.mandap945898

uThink Member

5 answers

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:00 am

Go on Pirate Bay and just torrent, bro. This is 2017, not the Medieval times.

huttonsy1514991

uThink Member

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:00 am

Most professors hear days I noticed require you to get the code out of the book to use certain quiz aspects of the publisher so you kinda have to. But really depends on he prodded at the end of the day and if you could maybe share someone else’s.

dorkie12301186168

uThink Member

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:00 am

Buying the books used is incredibly cheaper then getting them brand new.  But if there is not a way to get them used, you can go to a online store like amazon to get them way cheaper then if you were to shop in your bookstore. Also it is also cheaper to rent the book online from a website like Bookshelf.

kgadam1858349

uThink Member

Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:00 am

It’s much more affordable to buy them used. An even better tactic is to wait until you actually need the book, then buy it. This way you won’t waste money on a book you won’t use. I’ve wasted over $200 dollars in 1 year alone buying new “required” books we never used.

ms.mummbles2314968

uThink Member

Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:17 pm

limo hire London

saeed20

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service