Question

Admissions and Applications

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:02 am

UTM management or Ryerson management

I accepted UTM (management specializing in HR management) but I’m beginning to question if I would like it and if it’s worth it. I searched up a bit and saw some people say that UTM management is not that impressive and is low risk low rewarding. It doesn’t have coop which I would prefer but I can just look outside but unsure if it that would be easier or harder to do especially if I don’t have much experience in working or that in relation to management. Ryerson in general has not that great reputation I am aware but Ted Rogers I think is more reputable, but apparently some employers will still not hire if you are from ryerson (not sure if it’s true to this day I think I searched from a forum that’s like around 2011). I like ryerson as I did most uni research on them and seems more fun than UTM because it’s in Toronto and doesn’t have small branches and probably the smallest one (UTM). UTM I don’t know much about because honestly before I applied I didn’t do much research as I didn’t imagine myself there before since I was worried of the reputation of being stressful. I applied because I know someone who went to UTSC and said to apply and I chose UTM. I like UTM because of the convenience it’s near my house and the association to UofT though. Should I just stick with UTM and if I don’t like it apply to a different school like western, UTSC, laurier? Sorry I wrote a lot but I feel a bit of sense of “what if” and want to figure it out

Asked by Vp23

Chinguacousy Secondary School (Brampton)

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service