Question

Admissions and Applications

Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:33 pm

what school can i get into with my grades?

I got accepted to some schools already but I noticed the scholarship is within a lower range than my current mark so far, so some schools are admitting me based on gr 11 + gr 12 marks. I wanted to ask what schools for business can i get into with my marks. I'm aware some a good schools but what am i actually able to stand a chance with?

gr 11 mid 70s
gr 12 econ + adv. func. = 88.5
i took some other 'bird' courses so avg could be maintained around this mark or higher at the end of the year.

clubs/extra curriculars:
gr 11: model un, atheltic council, white pine
gr 12: city council - general role

i might do some extra stuff outside like get a certificate from Microsoft or something to help boost.

someone i spoke to said UofT Scarborough is good for co-op and they got in w/ 90 when they applied (they are adults now) but I'm worried that their school drops GPA fast because of its reputation where students w good marks will end up struggling, which could result to difficulty in getting to masters school. do they look at gr 11?

western ivey is good but what about DAN management? are gr 11 considered for both?

should i apply to laurier even if its not co-op? someone had said it was not worth to go to laurier if you aren't going to do co-op. however, i am going to try to aim for co-op anyways but what are chances? do they look at gr 11?

any good schools im able to get into in the GTA?

Asked by Vp23

Chinguacousy Secondary School (Brampton)

2 answers

Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:30 am

U of T is a massive school and they are known for curving grades to about a C/C+ but it's not like it'll be a cakewalk at other business schools. Their satellite campus may be slightly more initiate than the St.G one but it's also more remote on the suburbs of town. Most Master's programs only require about a B to B+ GPA to get admitted, it's not that difficult.

A lot of Ivey AEO students do BMOS during their first two years before waiting to get admitted and it is a good, employable backup.

Laurier has a decent business school, it's not Ivey or Smith, but probably tier-2.

Schulich is decent if you have the grades for it.

hellolol

33 Central School (Fillmore)

Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:36 am

Wow, marvelous blog format! How lengthy have you ever been blogging for? you make running a blog look easy. The entire look of your website is excellent, let alone the content!
Also visit my web page -eye makeup remover pads

jujuya

A. R. Scammell Academy (Change Islands)

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service