Question

Studying, Academics and Grades

Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 am

Should I take 3U Functions this year in grade 10???

So in grade 9 math last year (1st semester) I got a 95 in academic math, and this year in grade 10 academic math I got a 96. I'm wondering if I should take 3U functions this year so I can take 4U functions next year in grade 11 and then only calc in grade 12 or I take 3U and 4U functions next year in grade 11 and only calc in grade 12 or I could go at a normal pace and take 4U functions and calc in the same year of grade 12? However, I heard that the jump from grade 10 to 11 math is large, so I don't know if I should take it this year because I might get a lower mark.

Asked by blueizuku

uThink Member

1 answer

Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:45 pm

It all depends. As long as you have taken grade 10 math first semester then grade 11 functions second semester, you should be fine. Disclaimer though that grade 11 is a big switch from grade ten as in where grade 9 and 10 math are closely related and then all of a sudden it is a new switch when you are introduced to functions. But to get to the point, it is a large jump as in new material but I found functions to be extremely easy. If you managed to get those marks for 9 and 10, it is safe to bet that you'll be just fine in functions.

XxSniipr0XDu0xX

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service