Question

Studying, Academics and Grades

Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 am

What are my chances of getting into Waterloo with a high 80s average?

If I have a high 80s ( 86-89) average in high school and have around 135 hours of volunteer hours in my community and participated in after school curriculars such as Robotics Club, Library club and computer science club. What would my chances of  getting into waterloo be?  Some of my extra curriculars are Martial arts. I also won a bronze medal for dragon boating in ninth grade. I plan on writing the math contests like the Canadian Senior Math contest and entering in the Canadian Computing competitions. Another thing I tried to learn was programming in advanced. I have taught my self Python and a bit of Java to help improve my chances, I built a few side projects along the way. Not sure if that helps improve my chances when showing that in the admissions form? I'm not to sure if I mention I worked a job in high school during my freshman and sophmore year also improve my chances? Any help and responses would be greatly appreciated as I am stressing over this. Thanks!

Asked by TheMediumOne

uThink Member

1 answer

Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:49 pm

Depends what you are applying for. May I ask what program you plan on applying for?

XxSniipr0XDu0xX

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service