Question

School Comparisons and Reviews

Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:00 am

What is a good laptop for uni?

I have a MacBook Air that I bought from apple. Priced at $1199+tax, since I bought it during the summer they had a promotion where you'd get a free pair of beats. Trust me, my friend's 3 year old Mac that she uses for everything is just as fast as it was on day 1. Unless you start dropping it periodically it should last the length of your entire undergrad.

Asked by ana_f61621998

uThink Member

18 answers

Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:00 am

what program did u do? and im going to accounting and finance so I think a laptop would be needed

riatgurjot182612638

uThink Member

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:00 am

I believe you, I have a family friend whose had a mac for four years and it works perfectly fine. Is it better to buy in the summer?

riatgurjot182612638

uThink Member

I believe so, if I can get a free pair of beats just for buying a product I was going to buy anyway I’d definitely take advantage of that.

ms.mummbles2314968

uThink Member

I’m in first year currently and in August I got a MacBook Air after years of using windows computers. Almost everyone I’ve talked to seems to either be 100% for or 100% against macs so I was a little nervous about the switch. I AM SO GLAD I GOT A MACBOOK. It took a little while to get used to the layout but now that I have I can honestly say I am so much happier with it than I ever was with my windows laptops. It’s so much faster. Also, the small size is a blessing in university because some of the lecture halls have the tiniest “desks”. People with MacBooks and smaller PCs are fine but anything bigger than 14 or 15 inches means they have to awkwardly balance it on their lap.MacBooks are also very light which is great when you’re already carrying around a ton of stuff.

janelle.looman1589527

uThink Member

Thank you

riatgurjot182612638

uThink Member

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:00 am

They sound like a life saver!! I'm leaning towards them

riatgurjot182612638

uThink Member

Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:30 pm

I am choosing between MacBook pro and air at this point and I just can't make a decision because both option look great and even though mbp is slightly more expensive, it has some features to offer so I am really confused.

AndArst

uThink Member

Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:34 am

Hi there! I think, now there are so many great variants of good qualitative laptops. Try to look closely at Dell, Huawei, or last Asus models. I have both Asus and Mac. I love Mac, it is very light and powerful. But I Aldo do some tasks on my Asus laptop. The only thing you have to remember if you have a Windows computer is an antivirus. I recommend you to read the McAfee review at https://bestantiviruspro.org/review/mcafee-review/. It is installed on my laptop and I like how it works.

lolacola

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service