Question

School Comparisons and Reviews

Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:00 am

What should you eat before exams?

Did you know, what you eat before an exam can impact how well you will do on the exam? Here are my top nutrition tips to help you ace your next exam: 1. Do not skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and your brain needs energy to reach its full potential. If you are nervous and have a hard time eating before an exam, try sipping on a smoothie.2. Eat a balanced meal: Try eating a healthy balance of protein, carbs, and fats. Grabbing a muffin for breakfast will leave you hungry in no time as you need protein and healthy fats to sustain your hunger. Healthy fats are also great for brain health! I recommend having a couple of eggs with a side of fruit and whole grain toast! 3. Eat foods that benefit brain health: Healthy fats and fruits and veggies are known to boost memory and focus! Have a sweet tooth? Dark chocolate is a healthy brain food as it is full of antioxidants. 4. Don’t Eat foods, that don’t sit well with your stomach: If you have a history of foods that upset your stomach, avoid them the day of your exam to prevent having to run to the bathroom mid-exam. 5. Stay away from processed and sugary foods: Besides being bad for your health, sugar is actually known to impair your memory and learning skills. Beware of that double-double you order from Tim’s if you like getting that last minute caffeine fix to keep you awake after a long night of studying. 6. Pack a snack: If you find yourself focusing on your growling stomach instead of your exam, a small snack may come in handy as fast fuel to get you through your exam. Just remember to pack something that won’t be distracting to other. Crunchy carrots may not be the best option. Instead, try packing a banana or a granola bar. 7. Stay hydrated: Water is essential for your whole body to function properly so sip up! I hope this helps as you eat your way to your next A on your exam! -Michelle Young, yconic student ambassador

Asked by mryoung8152314700

uThink Member

2 answers

Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:24 am

I would recommend eating at least a couple of squares of chocolate during or before the exam. This has already been proven to start the brain. If a very important event at the exam, you can order yourself some cool chocolate from here wholesale chocolate (https://totallychocolate.com/wholesale-bulk-chocolate/), which will be in the form of answers ;)

Zabvuusa

uThink Member

Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi. I'm about to take my physics exam, and I don't really know her. This subject is very difficult for me. I had to hire a tutor and the website helped me with this https://studymind.co.uk/ . I definitely recommend it to you.

Andrew4ik

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service