Question

Grant Me

Hey! Has anybody heard or has been part of GrantMe? They are a group who connect scholarships to students, but I wanna make sure this isn't a scam before I sign up for it. Also, any ideas about the fees for joining?

Asked by anshchaturvedi

uThink Member

7 answers

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:46 am

Lol, if it sounds too good to be true, then it likely is. The fees upfront part should be the biggest red flag.

hello1476210

uThink Member

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:51 am

Grant me is 100% legit! I recently attended a case comp held by Enactus SFU and the founder of GrantMe came as a guest speaker and told us about the organization! I assure you that it is legit and a few people from the case comp actually reached out and won some scholarships! The fee is not negligible but the return is completely dependent on your determination to learn from the program! They'll get you on the right path for getting hefty scholarships without a doubt.

Cassile

uThink Member

Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:20 am

Not a scam! I joined GrantMe last September in my grade 12 year after seeing their ad on Facebook. They were such a huge support for me over the year. They gave me a customized list of scholarships that they assessed I was a good candidate for, almost all of which I had not found on the scholarship search engines I had been using. They then worked with me on all my applications, providing edits and feedback to help improve them. Their founder, Madison, also provided me with one-on-one interview coaching to help me prepare for the 5 scholarship interviews I had. They know what the selection committees are looking for in your essays and what the interview processes are like, so they can help you showcase your best self to put forward. By the time I graduated, I had won 12 scholarships totalling over $70,000! All thanks to their support. The value of being able to graduate debt-free is worth so much than their fees. Highly recommended!

KeneishaCharles

uThink Member

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:13 am

Hi! I joiI had a huge return on my investment because I was able to win $75,000 in scholarship money. The time they put into helping you individually is incredibly valuable and priceless. With that being said the program works if you do! As long as you are putting in effort to complete your scholarship applications and really utilize the feedback they give you, there's absolutely nothing to lose! Also by paying for the program I was able to keep myself accountable and put in the effort to submit my best possible applications!

Salwa

uThink Member

Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:23 am

Hey anshchaturvedi
As a person who has taken the grant me academy without receiving the best results ($8500 in scholarships with $4000 gone to grant me) here's my take.
I would be cautious about grantme, I used it myself and depending on the student you are, they really do bloat your personal achievements. If they think you can win enough to be "satisfied" they will enroll you. In the end, they are a company whose main goal is to make money off of you. Whether you get the scholarships or not is up to the work you end up putting in any way, which is way more than 2 hours a week. 2nd is the hidden costs, $4000 is the basic cost for the academy they offer. However, you can access more and are advised to "invest in yourself" by purchasing packages like the University Application Aid and others for prices ranging from $250 - $2500. On top of that, the average student admitted to the academy is already capable of achieving the average student winnings on their own, without spending ~$4000. They are a new company that is focused on students mainly in BC. The timings they offer for mentorship calls, email replies, essay proofreads, office hours, etc. don't fit well to students outside of BC. In the end, you have to sacrifice a lot of your own time to grant me to show your "commitment and dedication to the process". These terms and agreement, as well as contract, only benefits them as a company, for example: if you choose not to apply for a scholarship it is used against you, at no time are you allowed to cancel or withdraw from the program, grant me keeps the rights to your money and no refund is allowed. While the comments above claim to have made racks off of grant me, which is great, their average winnings posted on their website is only $9200, don't need to even like math to know an average of $9200 means most of their students don't make more than that. In the end your paying for a glorified essay proofreader, their scholarship finder does not work as advertised, it will give you scholarships that don't match the criteria you want and you still end up going to the provider's website to find the essay requirements -> Making a free account with Scholarships Canada is much better option. Any scholarship you don't apply to is used against you and you must submit an essay 3 weeks before the deadline for them to proofread it as, "they are a busy company with students who show more commitment to the process". If you have more questions feel free to ask.

ImtizJah

uThink Member

Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:31 am

TL DR: Its not a scam, its underlying focus is on students in BC applying to UBC. Cost starts at $4000 but your advised to invest more in yourself, all of which is hidden until you apply. The services they provide are not the best. They have terms and service agreements and contract you sign act like a safety net which make sure the company does not loose money. The average student makes $9200 on their website and they only post "success stories", theirs about 20 in the last 5 years. You can get scholarships without spending money if you put the time and effort into it, Scholarships Canada and 99 scholarship are a few examples of great free companies who give students scholarships. University scholarships however are your best option, they are not hidden and you are most likely to win them.

ImtizJah

uThink Member

Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Your post has those facts which are not accessible from anywhere else. It’s my humble request to u please keep writing such remarkable articles https://royalcbd.com/ohio/

rosikep738

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service