Question

McGill Decision for Transfer students

I applied for a transfer to McGill as a second year Undergraduate B.Com student in the month of Dec, that is like more than six months ago and I'm yet to receive my decision.I have received an offer from UBC as well and the deadline to accept that offer is Jun 15. However the cost of McGill is less than that of UBC and UBC is not offering any entrance scholarship either. But on the other hand, I don't know French and being an International student, I don't know how I'll survive without that In McGill. Any advice on what should I do?And when will I get my decision?

Asked by pragyachitkara982530698

uThink Member

4 answers

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:00 am

Hey there, I applied May 1st for a McGill transfer which was the last day for transfer application. I'm hoping to hear back soon but I think we both won't hear back until late June or sometime in July.Here's my thoughts,McGill has a lot of international prestige. If you're an international student it might be something to consider but UBC is good but not as prestigious as McGillMcGill is an English speaking school. All the people I know from McGill speak English fluently like any other English university in Canada and the courses are taught in English.If you saw the expected admission grade range for transfer for McGill and you're above the range, then I think you have a very good chance to be admitted.I don't know anything about UBC so I can't help you there.If you don't hear back in time just accept the offer to UBC and don't show up to UBC if you choose to go to McGill. Pay the deposit fee if you need to depending on how it is, it might be worth it keeping both options open. You could make up any excuse to tell them if you want to go to McGill and withdraw from UBC. Tell them you're moving back home or something. They can't do anything about it.Mind if I ask what your GPA was to get a transfer at UBC and I'm assuming the transfer was to B.Com? I didn't apply but I'm curious about the stats.

tommylu983046126

uThink Member

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:00 am

You applied over 6 months ago... did you bother to contact someone at the school to ask about the status of your application? If you can't even do that, then how can a bunch of anonymous people on the Internet help you? Call McGill and talk to someone.

tim_eragon3028597

uThink Member

Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:00 am

Do u mind telling what was your gpa After year 1?

walkerjohn4673137845

uThink Member

Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:23 am

Hi, I'm.doing that exact thing now in 2020. I submitted everything on October 2019 and is almost the end of July. I've accepted UBCs offer and I'm waiting for McGill to say something. I've remained in"Ready for Review" for months! I've called and chatted and the answer was always "wait". What happened at the end? When did they answered?

Dirkrol

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service