Question

The Only Majors to Go to University For

The vast majority of students report their income. At Ivey, its over 90%, so I imagine a similar outcome at Queen's.While many students may only make $40-50k out of school, you also have many students making far more than this, as much as nearly $140k in IB.  The best students land great jobs, yet even the bottom students manage to secure decent jobs.Also remember that these statistics do not include guaranteed comp or bonuses, which can total more than the base salary. Very few other programs publish these reports. If you don't have anything to hide...

Asked by matt.mastro62160857

uThink Member

349 answers

Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:00 am

Queen's is good... If you can handle living in Kingston. All my coloured friends there transferred after first year.

ajith_thiy540603

uThink Member

How are the jobs "not that great"? $56k average base salary, not including guaranteed compensation (which Ivey does) or bonuses.

matt.mastro62160857

uThink Member

Print off a practice lsat test online. See how well you do on the questions. Do a program that you think you will do well in, and find interesting. Make sure to attend a school like Ryerson, Lakehead or Trent over one like U of T and Queen's. Law schools want high GPA and high LSAT score. So first make sure the LSAT is doable for you. They release all the past tests so try one out.

ajith_thiy540603

uThink Member

If median is 53k it means half the class half below that. And these are only the students who reported their incomes. Generally it's the students who get good jobs who even report their stats.

ajith_thiy540603

uThink Member

Ivey > queens

kev_randhawa1853418

uThink Member

what is your advice to someone who wants to get a arts degree and apply to law school later? I get its risky business if you end up not getting accepted but what other option is there? I'm bad at math and science

zafina2493335840

uThink Member

You definitely did not went to Queen's Commerce.

imnotpie1535237

uThink Member

Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:56 am

Some people here write that there's no need to go to university because you can outsource work you cannot do on your own. Fair point but you need to know at least something to be able to work. By the way, more about outsourcing you can read here https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/outsourc ... evelopment.

NobelCat

uThink Member

Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:46 am

I think all of us should enter the university, but the question is how much time to spend on studies. In case it takes so much time, I think a great alternative is an e-learning. Have you ever used an e-learning platform? Check an exciting article for more information https://requestum.com/e-learning-platform

MariaJanes

33 Central School (Fillmore)

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service