Question

Student loans help ASAP

So I got into uofa pretty late for eng and got an offer from Peter lougheed for a private room shared washroom. The rent is a hefty 2052 a month and I have no choice but to stay there as I'm leaving my home city to move there. What I'm concerned about is student loans and if they'll give me enough. I did the calculations for uofa tuition costs including residence and it came out to be about 25k. I don't have any resources and concerned that I won't receive enough funding. What should I do. Part time job would be difficult cause i have 6 courses a sem so any other options?

Asked by azaanaz528723309

uThink Member

4 answers

Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:00 am

Why don't you look to rent a cheap room off-campus? You can find rental ads on craigslist, Kijiji, and numerous facebook groups. Residence is always more expensive, and this is a huge ripoff. 2 grand a month for a shared room? Totally not worth it. Again, you can rent off campus for less than half that amount.

tim_eragon3028597

uThink Member

Lol, 2 grand a month for a tiny ass shared room with some BS roommate, wow. Why don't you just attend a school you can commute to instead of getting anally violated if your finances are tight?

hello1476210

uThink Member

Well uofa happens to be the only school that accepted me for eng. And yah so not worth it but unfortunately I have no choice

azaanaz528723309

uThink Member

Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:12 am

Hello. If you don't have enough money I think you can find some time part job and earn additional money for your needs. If you need some amount right now you can apply for loan for salary and get money on your card. But be carefully and choose only offers with low interest rate.

Wazzable

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service