Question

Good business programs for investment banking? What schools to go too, in Canada?

Most high schoolers do not even know what investment banking is, let alone read about the financial markets (WSJ, G&M,  etc) and are attracted to it because of the high salary and bonus. A large majority of those high schoolers are lazy and think that they can easily break into IB and coast, while racking up the big bucks. Let me assure you - that is not the case.IB is a grind and if you're struggling getting 90+, you will struggle meeting the IB GPA cutoffs (top 20% of class - around 3.7/4.3). Got a 95? Not so fast, because a 95 in high school may not mean much in university (especially if you bought your marks somewhere). AND THEN.... Networking, learning outside of school, etc is also a lot of time commitment. TLDR; a lot of high schoolers want to do I-Banking but don't want to put any effort into it. By the time you get through 1st and 2nd years, the lazy get put in their place.

Asked by aaronzhang492275

uThink Member

14 answers

Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:14 am

In my opinion, it always seemed to be the toughest career path that could be chosen. You have to work more than twelve hours a day and the work itself is so intense, the responsibility is also crazy. But I also admit that investing money is amazingly interesting. But I can only be responsible for my own money so I just trade on the foreign exchange market. It wasn't that easy to figure things out but informational websites like https://forex-up.com/broker-reviews/avatrade-review/ can help a lot. I think that you should try it out, it will give you some useful experience and knowledge.

Bill Shiphr

uThink Member

Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:17 pm

It is pretty cool, that you are interested in a such sphere. But at first, you need to learn a lot about investing, trading and others to work on investment banking and financial markets. I think that I can give you the advice to start with Olymptrade. Check Olymp Trade Login and you will have no regrets.

MarkUltra

uThink Member

Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:42 am

thanks for the replies. as i see there are no many option here. the list of schools isn't big enough

FrankoPalazzo

uThink Member

Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:29 am

Trading and investment weren't my major. I learned everything on my own and now I find myself as a professional trader. Of course, proper education can help you immerse into this field but don't worry if you can't have an opportunity to study. Check this site https://liteforex.com/. If you want to try forex trading then it's the best resource. There's a section for beginners where you can find tons of useful information.

NobelCat

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service