Question

Program Comparisons and Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 am

Nanotechnology vs Biomedical vs Chemical Engineering at Waterloo

Hello, I am going to be starting university next September. Bio and Chem are my areas of interest but I'm choosing to pursue Engineering since I believe the degree will be more well-rounded and help me apply what I learn. I have heard that Nano, Biomed, and Chem Engineering are three programs that incorporate Bio and Chem well. Waterloo is one of the schools I am going to apply to but since I can only apply to one of these three engineering programs, I need some advice to help me make my decision. I have also heard that Chemical Engineering doesn't involve a lot of Chemistry and all of this is making it hard for me to decide. If anyone is studying in any of these three streams at Waterloo, I would really appreciate your input on what you learn and which subjects are in focus. Would you recommend going into that field? What does the program look like, will you have options to branch into a specific focus in say 2nd or 3rd year? Any and all help, advice, and information is appreciated, thank you!!

Asked by orangegalaxies

uThink Member

1 answer

Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:39 pm

I think it's important for you to decide what you want to do first. As for me, the direction of engineering can give you more prospects and easier chances of getting a good position. But it matters if your soul is in this business. Now I saw a lot of projects and services on the site https://engre.co/services/r-d/ where they look for developments and research in these areas

Elizabeth Nellson

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service