Question

Program Comparisons and Reviews

Sat May 04, 2013 4:00 am

The worst: Working on a golf course under construction

I could think of a lot of summer jobs that suck. Like dealing with crazy customers, picking up garbage, cleaning etc. But NONE of those things beat the summer job that I had. Summer 2010, I was 12 years old, I had no ideal what I was in for. My sister and I work on a golf course still in the process of being built. Sounds fun at, little did we know that we were in for some serious hard core labor.
I'm talking about shoveling, raking, anything from rocks, to dirt, to grass. Since we weren't allowed to use the machinery, we always got stuck with the crap jobs like picking rocks off the greens, leveling out the bunkers or shoveling dirt into wheel barrels. It was a family businesses so we really had no choice but to shut our mouths and work, not to mention we got paid UNDER minimum wage.

The worst part about it was that we had to work there the next summer too! By then there was grass, so that summer our job was to mow the greens. EVERY DAY, we had to drag the little push-mow from green to green(since we had no truck) all around the huge golf course in the blazing sun. People take golf carts to get around a golf course, so could you imagine a 13 year old girl lugging around a heavy lawn mower, a gas jug, and her lunch box up and down the fairways. Talk about exhausting!! I would take working at a burger joint any day over that! If that doesn't merit the title worst summer job ever, I don't know what would.

Whenever I hear someone talk about hard work, I look at them and say "Don't even get me started..."

Asked by ask701957

uThink Member

5 answers

Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:18 pm

I guess now a lawn mower is your worst nightmare

AndArst

uThink Member

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:34 pm

Such an awkward situation. I try to escape it but now I need Mulching Blade and I have read a review about Oregon G3. It seems to be a very good device and I am going to try it. So, I am here to ask your opinion. Is it really that good as everybody says?

NobelCat

uThink Member

Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:19 am

Hi! I can understand how difficult it is! Golf field should always be perfect and it is very difficult to do. However, good equipment can solve this problem, When I bought weed eater on trimthatweed.com it seemed to be very easy to look after my garden.

FrankoPalazzo

uThink Member

Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:58 am

What's the best golf bag?

Visek

uThink Member

Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:09 am

Hey. I can advise you to look at the article https://golf-hook.com/reviews/best-bags ... cgear-3-5/. In it you can read about the best bags. I chose the Founders Club premium trolley bag with a 14-way top divider. It is very practical and of high quality.

Mille Kentk

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service