Question

News and Politics

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:00 am

U of T Engineering Science or UW Nanotechnology Engineering??

Hello, I am a grade 12 student and I am trying to decide between Engineering Science at the University of Toronto and Nanotechnology Engineering at the University of Waterloo, which one do you think is better and why? I would like to know about the school, courses, profs, co-op, research opportunities and how difficult it would be to get a job afterwards. Any information would be helpful and appreciated and I would like to get as many opinions as possible please! Thanks in advance!

Asked by connaldesouza1025930

uThink Member

3 answers

Fri May 09, 2014 4:00 am

Generally, what I hear is that Toronto's better if you plan to go to grad school, and Waterloo's better if you plan to enter the workforce right after. Waterloo's co-op is top-notch, but on the other hand Toronto's a lot more well-known as a school (not just for Engineering).

I admit to not knowing a lot about either program or which one is better, but I haven't heard many bad things about either program.

adam.hewitt73510418

uThink Member

Sat May 10, 2014 4:00 am

arsalaangulzar684574

uThink Member

Sat May 10, 2014 4:00 am

definetle nano, cos you are really interested in nano, secondly, nano is going to expire in u of t in one year's time. so you cant pick nano then

arsalaangulzar684574

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service