Question

Food, Cooking and Nutrition

Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:00 am

Should I Stay In My Program or Go?

Hey everyone. I hope everyone is having a great school life so far and not making it as complicated as mine.

So I've just started my second year into Life Sciences (Biological Science). I realized however, that maintaining a high mark in this program is going to require a lot of effort, just like first year did, but it was rewarding.

I got accepted into Public Health (rather than Human Health). About after a week of thinking about it, I chose to not go towards the health sciences degree because I noticed that some of the courses they have were a bit too easy.

Now I'm here. Just finished my first days at university (I go to UOIT), and I realized that I don't neccasarily like what I do but I don't hate it either.

I want to go into an X-ray technologist program that requires only 1 year of life sciences pre reqs that I already have, but it's too late since they already accepted, so they are only accepting next year. The cutoff is B- for the program I want (I have 3.07).

However, since this year looks like it'll be the hardest, a part of me says to keep going and push through while learning through the cracks, a part of me tells me to go into Public Health while maintaining a good GPA and another part of me tells me to not go to school this year, apply and wait until next year if I get accepted.

Now it comes to this, I'm meeting up with an advisor soon about options. I have until September 17th to drop and add courses with 100% refunding.

What should I do?

Here's the link to the program: https://www.michener.ca/ft/nuc_med.php? ... AqKdhZOSZw

Asked by omarawwadeh2446473

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service