Question

Essay and Thesis Writing

Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:35 am

failing in grade 11 and future concerns

I am currently in grade 11. I just got my midterm marks and I'm failing computer science, my teacher is very ignorant and rude. I want to improve my grade before it is too late. What are some ways to change my mark and what happens if I failed a course during grade 11?

I am an international student and I am not familiar with how the Canadian school system works. How does applying for universities and college works in Canada?

what are some courses I should choose for grade 12? I'm interested in animation, media arts/arts. I want to apply for Sheridan but if I can't get in I will go with Ocad. What other art or animation schools would you recommend?

please I'm struggling a lot I need someone to explain;-; thank you
sorry if I sound clueless I really have no one to ask.

Asked by failinghighschoolhelp

uThink Member

2 answers

Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:30 am

Here's the good news: comp sci isn't a compulsory course required to graduate high school so failing isn't the end of the world. Bad news is that you'll obviously have to make up for the credit with another course somehow, whether in summer school, night school, or an extra course next year. Look up the course requirements for the colleges/universities you're interested in. Comp sci isn't a necessary background for any of the programs you listed.

hello1476210

uThink Member

Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:22 pm

Failing grade 11 computer science isn't the end of the world. Yes you will need to make up the credit, but it won't impact your chances for admission to post-secondary programs so you can relax on that score. Having said that, I would still try to get the most out of the course that you can.

If you are an international student attending high school here in Canada, presumably your school has guidance counsellors. I would definitely reach out to them. If you are currently taking art course through your school I would also speak to your art teacher(s) to see what programs they would recommend you to apply to and what will be required (most likely a portfolio). For further research the following websites will give you more information on programs available and their entry requirements.

https://www.universitystudy.ca/
https://www.ontariouniversitiesinfo.ca/

gwnorth431435107

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service