Question

Essay and Thesis Writing

Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:37 am

Should I retake ENG4U?

so i got my midterm and I'm at 64% which i don't normally get in english. last year i got 78% in eng3u. i am really messing things up pretty bad and ever since quadmester become a thing i've gotten worse. i'm planning on retaking the course but please i need an advice.

Asked by downyfabcon

uThink Member

2 answers

Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:27 am

If you plan on applying to university, absolutely. You will severely limit your opportunities with a 64 in English, no matter the program.

hello1476210

uThink Member

Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:17 am

OOOF I totally get you, this quadmester has been messing with my head. While your eng mark is on the low side, you can always redo it, its better to redo it then limit your options. Plus, repeating the course won't be such a big deal like many people say, universities will see your best grade first. Take this in reference, for my grade 11 advanced function, when I was in the IB program I didn't do so good (58% :( , but then I repeated it and got a 93% in normal high school setting (lol I know that jump is pretty big but IB really makes everything complicated for no reason lol) and my best mark is the one that;s going to university so yeah if you can and if you want to, re-do it! Wishing you all the best!

Emmlol

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service