Question

Essay and Thesis Writing

Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:00 am

Spending Money

What is a good amount to have saved up just for general spending while alway in university? This doesn't include meal plan, tuition, residence etc. I'm going to Guelph.

Asked by brody.dechamplain853419

uThink Member

4 answers

Well personally I'm budgeting around $120 a month. Your meal plan pretty much covers your food & my school's (Carleton) meal plan gives you flex dollars which is general money you can use at things like Tim Hortons around Campus. To keep costs low try buying your snacks at the grocery store and just keeping it in your room. Also get a kettle/coffee maker, as Starbucks adds up before you know it. Back to the $120 haha. Plan for $20 to be for things that come up like new deodorant or something.  Whilst  the rest you can use for bars, the movies etc. Bring all the clothes you need from home, I found this effective because I'm a shopaholic. Lastly, Sign up for things like SPC, Scene Card and Amazon Student.

susan.ajibowu2934220

uThink Member

It depends on what you plan on spending. If you are not including the essentials such as tuition, residence and food...then its really up to you and what you expect to be doing1) Will you have your own printer or print in the school library?2) Will you need parking or transportation?3) How often are you going to socialize and what average of money do you spend?etc. 

Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:00 am

150 or less I guessIf you don't mind eating ramen a lot and eating out occasionally 

Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:05 pm

Hello everyone. It is very pleasant to spend money, especially to girls. Shopping is our everything. We love to buy clothes. I am a coach, so my entire salary is on [url=https://uk.ryderwear.com/collections/womens-leggings]sports leggings[url]. I wear them everywhere. Very comfortable, they emphasize the figure, a variety of styles. For training, some, for walking, others

Bily

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service