Question

Essay and Thesis Writing

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:00 am

How do you write an A+ essay?

I used to think getting an A+ on an essay in university was impossible. However, having the right tools and mindset has helped me make the impossible possible. Here is a breakdown of how I write an A+ worthy essay: 1.Have Confidence: A little confidence goes a long way! 2. Plan ahead: Make sure you start your essay well in advance to leave yourself adequate time for proper research, writing, and revision. Procrastinating and leaving your essay until the night before does not leave you enough time to compose a well thought out paper. 3. Pick a topic: Normally I choose two or three topics that interest me and do a bit of research on each and see which one has the best information to back up my argument. Picking a topic that interests me keeps me better engaged during the research and writing process. 4. Do your research: I use the research guides provided on my universities library website to find peer-reviewed evidence-based articles. Most professors look at the quality of resources you are using to write your paper. I always check to see if my professor has a rubric available so I know exactly what they are looking for in an essay. Rubrics are a handy tool to make sure you have all the requirements in the essay. 5. Make an outline: Before I start writing a paper, I make a brief outline so I am better organized when it comes to writing the actual paper. 6. Write the paper: If I get writer's block, taking a break and returning to the paper later is more time efficient than spending hours just staring at a blank screen. 7. Proofread and Revise: After proofreading my essay myself, I put my paper through a grammar check to see if there are any errors I am missing. I use the 'Grammarly'  application available for free online. Asking a friend to proofread your essay or visiting your school’s writing center are also good options. Writing centers are great if you are not a strong writer or need some advice on how to make improvements to your essay. It is also important to make sure you have accurately referenced any work that is not your own to avoid plagiarism. The Purdue owl website online is a great reference for making sure you are using the proper format. 8. Submit your Essay!Hope these tips are helpful if you really want that A+ on your next essay! If you have any great essay writing tips feel free to share below! -Michelle Young, yconic student ambassador

Asked by mryoung8152314700

uThink Member

8 answers

Well, my English teacher only read your first essay at the beginning of school to set your mark, then you get same marks for the rest of year. For an example,  I wrote essay by myself (as ESL),  next one I had my tutor who is in English Major helped me.. but the marks are same.. So.. she doesn't read it..

karenmercedes08081792575

uThink Member

This is great! I have another tip, make sure you know what the teacher/prof is looking for. If there's a rubric you should 100% read it because you could right a great essay, but it might not be exactly what your teacher or prof is looking for!

normoylejulia2421235

uThink Member

I'm in high school ENG2D-3U-4U so thank you

paymanpayman242488493

uThink Member

Or, save your time and just hire an essay writer to do it for you.

huttonsy1514991

uThink Member

Fri May 15, 2020 10:07 am

These are pretty good tips to write an essay for high marks. But if I don't have enough time, these tips won't help me at all. In this situation, I turn to https://papersowl.com/fast-essay-writing . This is a great service that can fast essay writing. And most importantly, they do it very well and professionally. It's really very cool and very convenient. After all, this way I save my time, but I can go about my business.

Thomas Griffin

uThink Member

Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:44 am

There's some good tips here from people who've worked as course instructors and professors: https://www.gradedoctortutoring.com/essay-howto.html . They've listed a ten-step process for how to write an essay and they have something useful on the most common mistakes students make too: https://www.gradedoctortutoring.com/essay-mistakes.html .

Aimee99

uThink Member

Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:13 pm

To quickly solve a problem with research papers or other academic tasks I recommend that you take advantage of term paper and see this . The superior paper company has a staff of qualified writers who are capable to write for you any academic paper in brilliant quality in the shortest possible time.

Scatalan

uThink Member

Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:20 pm

I can give you a good idea to write a great essay. I write reviews about online services that provide writing services. I can recommend one of the good and proven sites. This is Edusson. https://essayreviewexpert.com/review/edusson/ is a review I wrote myself about it. Information in mine will be useful to students and all people who need help with writing from time to time.

KeiraBlack

uThink Member

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission
requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.

Ask your question
close report dialogue

Please tell us why you think this content breaks the forum rules.

Notify me

Would you like to be informed when your report is processed?

Further information

You can tell us more about the content you think breaks the rules.

What’s your question?

For example: High school, graduation, grades. Choose from the dropdown list

I agree to the terms of service