Sign Up

Sign In

Forget Password

Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.

Sorry, you do not have a permission to add a question, You must login to ask question.

Real advice from real students.

Got a question about student life? From program comparisons to admission requirements to residence reviews—get real answers from real Canadian students.


Cheating in High School

What’s the rule when it comes to academic dishonesty and cheating in high school? Will universities be notified during the application process? I’ve heard many rumors about it being on your permanent record and/or student transcript; Is this true?

3 Answers

  1. Lol, no. They don’t give a sh!t about black marks on your high school record. There are people that get suspended for bullying or face disciplinary action for plagiarism and they get in just fine. Just don’t get caught Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V’ing in undergrad ’cause you could be losing thousands of $$$.

    • 0
  2. Nah, nothing will actually happen considering its just high school. worst case scenario your teacher gives you a zero and your class mark drops.

    Never copy/cheat in undergrad, not worth the risk considering you could lose hella money

    • 0
  3. Just make sure not to continue this habit in university because there are serious consequences. You could be blacklisted and expelled and prevented from attending other universities. It will be a permanent mark on your record and anyone who sees your transcripts, including future employers and graduate schools can see it. The consequences for cheating, plagiarism, and academic misconduct is severe in university. If you have to cheat in high school, make sure to keep it there.

    It is sort of like committing a crime as a teenager. When you steal as a 17 year old, you’ll probably only get some community service. But when you do it at 18, your name will be published and you could see prison time.

    • 0

Sorry, you do not have a permission to answer to this question.